Lynzie: 30; Olympia, WA, USA; cis woman; white; asexual and panromantic; feminist.
I blog about social justice, personal crap, and various fandom-type things like Zelda and Sailor Moon.
On top of general content, please tag for bees, rape and nsfw stuff if I'm following you. Thank you!
Fuck Yeah, Seashells! (a blog that needs a new mod)
Fuck Yeah, Vocabulary Building! (this one too)
Tags you might be interested in, or interested in Tumblr Savioring if you're following me:
gpoy (gratuitous pictures of myself)
ramblings (my text posts, usually personal)
gaming (general personal gaming stuff)
cooking (usually has pictures of food)
gardening (usually has pictures of plants)
art (mostly jewelry-making)
Nami (my cat)
3DS friend code: 4081-6303-5631
Nintendo Network ID: Lynzie
If I don't follow you back, please don't be offended. I keep my following count below 200 and I don't get through my dash anyway. It doesn't mean I hate you! You're still more than welcome to interact with my posts and send me asks!
here’s a tip
if someone says they don’t drink, they don’t fucking drink
HOW THE FUCK DOES SKY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE
LINK IS IN FUCKING MARIO KART 8 I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS I NEED I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS I CAN’T BELIVECA THISCANTBELVIELCANTLBAITHSI
I CAN ALREADY HEAR...
I have an issue with the post going around about what is going on.
There is an entire paragraph dedicated to America.
England gets this: “
- United Kingdom: Government will ban Church of England and Church of Wales from offering same-sex marriage.”
Can I add to this please:
- In the UK immigrants can now be denied benefits if they don’t speak English.
- The UK Police actively tried to smear Steven Lawrence, his family, and his friends’ names through illegal methods. If you do not know who Steven Lawrence was, but you knew who Trayvon Martin was, Google it. Be shocked.
- In the UK, disabled people can now be denied benefits if they don’t fit the government’s idea of what disabled is.
- In the UK you now have to wait a week - a week potentially spent with no money - before signing on for benefits.
- The entire benefits system is being redone in order to save the government money. The government lets TNCs have offshore banks and loses almost £1.8bn a year through this.
- The UK government still refuses to change laws surrounding corporation tax, losing the public a whole lot more money. Whilst still punishing the poor.
- Gay marriage campaigners lead trans* people to believe that they would be included in this bill. They were not.
- The UK government made it harder for women to get abortions, set in place the allowances to privatise the NHS and have licensed fracking, even though fracking is environmentally damaging and displaces entire communities.
- If all you care about is gay marriage boy do you have another thing coming.
Do you wanna know what else is swell? The UK Police are licensed, by law, to break up any public gathering they deem to be “unnecessary”, including protests. This was our government’s backdoor method of stopping people from protesting without a license. Its why Occupy in London was abolished, its why protesters were recently arrested, its bullshit.
So essentially the British public cannot even protest about this.
This has been a PSA.
Trans people weren’t just “not included” in the marriage bill- they’re directly targeted by it. The bill has a provision that if you’re trans and married, you need to get your spouses approval (in writing) before you can get your GRC. (Gender recognition certificate). Obtaining a GRC is the only way to gain legal protection against being ‘outed’ by others as trans. It is also the only way to have certain records, such as one’s birth certificate, permanently sealed. It is also one of those things that people will demand that you produce before they will even consider to treat you remotely as the person you are.
Yeah. That’s right. Literally removing your right to make decisions about your own life and giving it to the person you’re married to. (That isn’t directly enabling of abuse or anything.)
Even better, this will still apply even if you’re separated from your partner. Even if you’re going through a bitter and dangerous divorce, they will still have the right to veto your GRC.
Before in order to get a GRC you also had to get divorced (or have your civil partnership annulled- something that you may still have to do because civil partnerships are still same-sex only) because same-sex marriage was illegal. This meant that at first the partner had de facto veto power over your GRC- by denying you a divorce. But if you’ve been apart for a number of years (I think it’s seven [or that might be to declare someone legally dead, I forget]) you can get a divorce anyway, regardless of their say-so.
Now they get that power straight out of the box.
In addition, Helen Grant (the equality minister, what fun) has requested that amendments that address the previous distress (and expense- divorce is not cheap) that trans people have gone through be removed.
What a country we live in.
I already spent the last hour and a half on Twitter posting about Wendy Davis and SB5, so know this:
Things people tweet at me on @homophobiaphobe:
"I have ever right to be homophobic just as the next man has every right to be a republican"